View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 06:10 PM   #4
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotoman View Post
Zinio may not be the only app that causes this problem. The problem coulkd be in the iPad OS or the SDK tools setting some back-up flags incorrectly.
The problem seems to be apps which store a large number of small files.
ComicZeal is another app with the same problem.
The Apple backup process is just excruciatingly slow, far beyond what could be explained by the volume of data.
I only managed to back my iPad up by removing both apps completely. With both installed I left a backup running for over 24 hours and the process finally crashed with about 7.5GB backed up.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote