View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 11:47 AM   #21
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborsody View Post
I'm thinking about loading up an SD card with some test PDFs and going back to Borders to see for myself how the Sony Reader displays them.
That's an excellent notion. Two things I'd suggest you do, though. The first is run a PDF through RasterFarian or one of the other slice-n-dicers on the forum, so you can also see what that approach might do for you. A lot of folks find it works fine for them, but you'll want to decide that for yourself.

The second suggestion is not to put too many files on the card for your testing. The reason I say that is that the Reader indexes the entire card when you insert it, looking for files that it can display. If you've got a largish card crammed full of mp3 files, for instance, you'll have to stand there for a few minutes while it does that indexing. If you just put 10 or 20 PDFs that you want to look at on it, it'll only take a few seconds to recognize those.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote