View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 02:19 AM   #1
paaThaka
Connoisseur
paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
PDF/epub contents indexing on iPad or Android tablet?

I've finally given up. I'm going to buy a glossy screen IPS tablet, regardless of the reflections.

Now my next decision is deciding between iPad 64GB (+64GB of cloud storage) or Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T 64GB (+64 GB SDXC card, once the Asus firmware update fixes the incompatibility with 64GB cards).

To me both screens are high resolution enough. Both are fast enough. I prefer Android (esp. with full Chrome + Firefox including their research oriented plugins) instead of iOS, but I'm willing to limp along with iOS + Safari, if my other requirements are fulfilled.

What I really need, is contents indexing for my 64GB+ worth of research PDF files, books and epub titles. Not just titles indexing, but full text contents indexing for a lightning fast search.

So, after having tried searching for PDF indexing in both Google Play Market and iTunes store and having found nothing, I'm turning you for help:

Does anybody know of a file contents indexing software (PDF + epub support) for either Android or iOS?

I'm not looking into buying a basic ebook reader for manual book reading.

I'm trying to buy a research reading / annotation / mark-up / search database tablet for my whole research files library. Kinda like my desktop research computer on-the-go, but in tablet form, with a fully indexed files contents database.

It this possible now on Android or iOS?

Or do I have to wait for the Windows 8 (non-RT) tablets, after all, such indexing software are available for Windows 7?

All help and ideas are welcome on this.
paaThaka is offline   Reply With Quote