View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #86
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I just read the terms, and couldn't find that in there anywhere. I know the case you're talking about, and I believe that the terms were changed after that. The closest I can find to what you are alluding to is this:

What they're saying is that if you break your contract with them (violate the terms of service in any way) then they will close your account, and you will lose access to the books that are stored in the cloud. Smashwords and Barnes and Noble have similar provisions in their terms of service.

Shari
Why do we need a TOS when we purchase a book? It is ludicrous and absurd.

I purchase a book, and I am able to do whatever I wish to with that book, regardless of Amazon's views on the matter. If I pay for content/ideas then those ideas are now under my possession. I did not create those ideas (no one can create) but they are my ideas. Amazon did not create those ideas either, Amazon is a temporary holder of ideas/content, nothing more than a technological device to enable the distribution of content. Amazon has no valid or legal argument that can stop anyone from reselling any content that they obtain through Amazon.

I am not advocating piracy.
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote