View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Maybe because you changed your address back and forth that it lets you do that? But then why wouldn't it let you once in amazon.com? As I understand you have to do the switch back and forth by logging into amazon.de?
Linking the account to the respective other country now works in both directions by simply clicking the button.

I just ran into a geographic restriction.
On Kindle Fire HD:
When switching to the German account, I can't buy at all = "country settings not supported".
When switching to the US account, I get one step closer = "billing address and payment don't match". I guess, I could circumvent this with gift card...

So, obviously it doesn't change restrictions.
Question is, whether I could link to the US without having had a US address before...

Maybe this all has changed for me, because of the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" I've ordered from the US 1 week ago?
I had ordered some Kindles from the US before, but this had been before the international versions = ca. 2009.
And there are differences between my 7" Fire HD from Amazon Germany and my 8.9" from Amazon US: I can access lovefilm Germany on the "German" Fire HD, but not on the "US" Fire HD; although both are within the same account with the very same settings.

Last edited by mgmueller; 12-08-2012 at 08:51 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote