View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #59
macminer
Connoisseur
macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 3, Lenovo Tab 4 8" (formerly many others)
I have recently acquired a Kindle 3G/Wifi, tired of long waiting for all the bells-and-whistles tablets that were promised last year. Nook color doesn't make me regret my purchase even in the smallest degree. I am aware that Kindle is not an all-purpose device, but I like its screen, I like the Amazon shop, open not just to US customers and so on. Kindle is certainly up to the job when it comes to reading books and I don't really need much more. There are just a couple of features that could improve Kindle (page numbers corresponding to paper editions, better collection management), but these are software-wise, not hardware ones.

Yet, I would like to have a real tablet that would be able to replace my old Palm TX, as a multi-purpose (if not all-purpose) device. Nook doesn't even seem like one. If there are any hopes left for me after last year's hype about the new wave of tablets, they rest with Blackberry Playbook or, perhaps with a new Asus Pad/Tablet (not seen yet), certainly not with Nook.
macminer is offline   Reply With Quote