View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 07:20 PM   #15
Ret
Connoisseur
Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Reading those caps I can recall some things:
You see the device uses Allegro HTTP client. It sends HTTP GET requests to the server. If you use a local "Librarian" you can fetch any HTML file. My proof of concept fetched a static html file containing one link to google.com. That prooved that the device could surf the net.

If you want to generate and fetch your own list of books you'll have to fetch an HTTP response containing the string "Content-Type: text/x-booklist" and then the list of books in this format:

Code:
3:B:ebook<TAB>BOOKNAME<TAB>AUTHOR<TAB>CATEGORY<TAB>SIZE<TAB>URL_TO_BOOK<TAB>1<TAB>17
Taken from:
3:B:eBook	eBook User's Guide Version 2.2	Thomson Consumer Electronics	General Interest	452630	http://bookshelf.softbook.net/bookshelf/default.asp?BOOK_ID=eBook&SOURCE_ID=3&SOURCE_TYPE=B	1	17
If the device asks for a book the server should respond with an HTTP response containg "Content-Type: text/x-book" (which I infer, since it's not on those caps)

Does this help you? Hope it does Take a closer look at your caps. I think all you need to know is almost all there
Good luck
Ret is offline   Reply With Quote