View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 05:20 AM   #10
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I love my lighted cover. I love that the light gets its power from the Kindle, so I don't have to worry about batteries or charging it. I love that the light disappears into the cover, such that people aren't even aware it has a light. I love my cover's apple-greenness even.

But, yes, I would have to concede its actual lighting is not optimum for me, in the way described, though not intolerable.

In all my years of reading (pbooks inclusive) I've never had much luck with book-lights. Their weight, build quality, globe-lifetime, light colour, light quality...it's all been a frustration that would easily be solved with my bedside light if it wasn't such a disturbance to The Loved One. ~sigh~

[EDIT: Oops, I'm at risk of derailing the conversation towards a purely book-light discussion. Please don't follow my lead, people! Sorry, spellbanisher ]

Cheers,
Marc
Well, talking about book lights isn't really off topic. For me, LCD screens will always have a major advantage, simply because I just can't stand book lights. I never am able to find the correct angle so I can see the entire surface, without being blinded by either the lamp itself, or the reflection off the surface (be it paper or electronic).

But in order to read comfortably from a LCD screen, you must be able to adjust the brightness so it won't be too bright compared to your surroundings. I find that I can't use my Android tablet in the dark, as I just can't turn down the brightness enough, for example.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote