View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Back to the drawing board (dadirect no longer stocking V5?)

I was finally, after weeks of going back and forth, just about to decide on the V5 as my first eReader. I was hoping to see them in person and called dadirect to ask where I could see them. The woman on the phone told me that dadirect are no longer selling the V5 because there is a new reader coming out "soon", although she didn't have information on a date or what the reader would be. I'm guessing the A9 and A6, but she didn't have any information.

She said they were no longer stocking the V5 and the only Hanlin product they were selling at the moment was the Ecoreader.

So.. it looks like I'm back to the drawing board. I know I could order one from Astak, which I probably would have done anyway, but if it's going to be a superceded model before I've even got it, why bother?

I've searched this forum and haven't found anything related to dadirect dropping the V5, can anyone confirm that?

I really don't want to buy a reader before I see the size of the screen. I might have to bite the bullet and just pre-order the Onyx Boox, it won't be here in time for my birthday, but I can live with that.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote