View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 10:17 PM   #174
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsittingstill View Post
One of my former bosses used to cite from memory. Every so often I'd be proofreading and catch a citation that was just flat out about something completely else than what he was talking about. Made me quite paranoid about doing anything of the sort myself. But if it works for you, go for it :-)
Yeah, I only do it for stuff I know for sure is right. I mostly research in a pretty small niche where there's only maybe 10-15 pieces total that need cited, and only 5 or so that are major pieces that I cite in most everything I write about it. I also have all my electronic PDFs named by author and year so I can just look in the topic folder when I'm not sure on a year or name/spelling etc.

It's much different in fields like yours where you have probably hundreds and hundreds of studies on the topics you work on.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote