View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #7
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Great tutorial...

but I can only recommend for folks to avoid iTunes altogether when transferring books to their iPads. There are lots faster, simpler ways.
They are not faster, and they are not simpler. They add additional steps which are completely unnecessary for the average person.

Quote:
.... I wonder who would go through the torture of physically connecting their iPad to another computer, and then wrestling with iTunes...

But, to each their own.

Oh for heavens sake, I posted this to get *away* from the negativity. Just stoppit.

Fast and simple is Computer stored book --> itunes -->iPad.

Slower is computer stored book --> Calibre ---> Sugarsync/Dropbox -->ipad. Extra steps to achieve the same end. I choose to use calibre to edit metadata, get the book cover I like and so on... more additional steps. Others dont bother. I use dropbox for storing only because I might want to grab something when away from home, but TBH thats not too likely these days...

There is NO reason not to use iTunes. It works.

Last edited by kyteflyer; 01-30-2013 at 01:15 PM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote