View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 12:27 AM   #53
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by oj829 View Post
My local indie emailed me yesterday to tell me my Glo came in. Were it not for the call of laundry, I would have one in my hands now.
Was there a dire laundry emergency? I have trouble imagining laundry stopping me from picking up my pre-order in that situation (and yes, I do laundry in my household).

Quote:
I see, from roaming around the Internets, that some indie stores across the country will actually be carrying the ARC, which so far is not a part of any conversation I've had with my local. So I looked into the ARC specs and it definitely is a big difference from the old and detested VOX, which I never considered. Thing is, as 7", $200 tablets go, I might get it.
I must admit I hadn't considered whether any of them would carry the Arc. Very interesting.

What's odd is that Chapters/Indigo/Coles in Canada will be carrying the Nexus 7 and the Kobo Arc. *THAT* makes no sense to me. I know that Chapters/Indigo sold off Kobo, but they're still awfully tight. And the Arc supports Google Play and (like you pointed out) has a lot of pluses over the Nexus 7.

Quote:
Cons: no SD card slot, and to get 32GB storage, you have to go to the $249 model, and I'm not sure I'm willing to go there for a 7" tab.
I'll be getting the Arc as a present for my girlfriend. The lack of an SD card port was a big con, IMO, until they announced those 32GB and 64GB models. Now I don't care so much.

$249.99 model? *Phhhft* I'll be getting the 64GB model for $299.99.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote