View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 04:23 AM   #115
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevCal View Post
PS< I've also downloaded the KindleGenQuickFix. Not sure what to do with that; I ran my mobi through it; got a new _fixed version, still has the start position problem. Thanks!
This thread, despite appearances, is really about a problem specific to KindleGen 2.0 and later, and Kindle Keyboard with firmware 3.4.

Does your book go to the right place if you select "Go/Beginning" in Kindle for Mac/PC? If it does not, then you haven't got the correct metadata in your opf file. You need a guide section, with three entries ideally:

Code:
<guide>
    <reference type="cover" title="Cover Image" href="cover.html" />
    <reference type="toc" title="Table of Contents" href="contents.html"></reference>
    <reference type="text" title="Start" href="kim1.html"></reference>
</guide>
The type="text" one is the one that controls the start of the book. The title is pretty much unimportant. The href must be relative to the opf file.

HTH
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote