View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #28
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebusinesstutor View Post
...Reviews are so subjective as to be nearly useless. I and my brother both read science fiction. He likes Jack L Chalker, and I am not a fan. I love Roger Zelazny's Amber series but my brother finds it just ok. Who's right? Me of course! Just kidding. The difference is a matter of taste.

I do sometimes look at aggregate reviews of a product, software program or app before I buy or download it as I do find that somewhat useful.
Of course reviews are subjective.
For hardware, one can bring some objectivity to the table about specs.
For a book or a movie, it's all about personal taste.
(Maybe productions value and stuff, but even this is critical)...

So, like you, I rather rely on the avaerage rating, than a single review.
But if the average says "2 out of 5 stars, from 30 reviews in total", the 20 people giving 1 star because "eBooks should be free" or "why should I rent a movie from Google? I can buy a used DVD for the same amount" totally ruin the statistics of course.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote