View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #10
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by insync44 View Post
Looking for an E-Reader and narrowed it down between Kobo Vox and Lenovo IdeaPad A1. Like the apps on the Kobe Vox and the fact its Canadian (more convenient). But after reading all the negative comments I'm wondering if its worth it. Does anyone have anything positive to say?
Go for the A1. Its only bad point is the viewing angle, but it's otherwise probably the best Android 2.3 tablet you'll get for $199. It's only 200MHz faster than the Vox, but feels a LOT more responsive (if the display models of the Vox in FutureShop & Best Buy are any indication). And has twice the onboard storage and native access to the Android Market, of course.

My brother's in the Canadian navy and got his A1 after his office determined that it was the best Android tablet in its price range (wish I could remember what he said the other contenders were :/). He's had it for a couple of months now and his only complaint is that, for some reason, the Skype app doesn't want to install properly...
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote