View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #6
Joyful
Connoisseur
Joyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kobo
Quote:
There is a built in audio player
That was one of the first questions I asked at Chapters - but both employees I spoke with, one of whom had the 'training' on the Vox didn't know if there was one or where to find it. Everytime I'd ask or mention audiobooks he'd talk about the video capabilities of the Vox.
He also told me to do some research to get my answers. Hello! That's why I'm here.
From what he showed me it also seemed to be quite slow so that concerns me too. It was a frustrating and unsatisfying visit to Chapters and I was hoping to love the Vox.

I did some research on getjar and found they do have an app for audiobooks from Ambling but only the lite version which doesn't allow you to load audiobooks from an SD card. I was hoping to put my books on the SD card.

All in all I think I'll give the Vox a pass in favour of an iPod for audiobooks and wait and see what small tablets come out in the future including the next gen Vox.

Thanks to all for the responses- much appreciated.

Joyful
Joyful is offline   Reply With Quote