View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 09:48 AM   #70
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by asciibaron View Post
the difference in cost is $30.00 plus applicable taxes, not $40.00 as you state.
It's $40 for the 3G Kindle Touch, which is what I have. ($149 for the version with special offers, $189 without it.)

Quote:
the rest of your comment lacks legal foundation. refer to the Kindle terms and locate where it discusses the Special Offers contract. simply offering a reduced model with ads doesn't mean that you have entered into a contract and will not remove those ads (which, if you read the terms, you are not prohibited from doing).
The Kindle licence agreement clearly states:

Quote:
No Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, Disassembly, or Circumvention. You may not modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Kindle or the Software, whether in whole or in part, create any derivative works from or of the Software, or bypass, modify, defeat, or tamper with or circumvent any of the functions or protections of the Kindle or Software or any mechanisms operatively linked to the Software, for example, by augmenting or substituting any digital rights management functionality of the Kindle or Software.
By removing the ads you are "modifying .... the Kindle or the software".

Quote:
if i buy the device and never remove it from the box am i breaking the terms by not seeing the special offers?
No, because in that case you are not modifying anything.