View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Congratulations on your new Kindle. Hope you enjoy it.

That offer has been around for some time now and pops up every now and then; but thanks for the reminder. If you're interested, this post explains how the Special Offers program works.
Thanks - I think I like the Kindle, so far at least. Each of my devices has its purpose - I read mainly on my phone, which fits in my pocket, and which I have with me pretty much everywhere. It's backlit and small so it's also easy to read in bed. But I also like my Sony Reader for the long battery life and ability to read outside (shared, now, by the Kindle) and my Nook Color, which I can take notes on - it's rooted and serves as both a reader and a tablet for me. The Kindle sort of fills the same niche as my Sony - I may make one of them into an exercise bike reader, and then not care if it gets a bit of sweat on it. But, when I travel with all of them it's getting a bit unwieldy these days!

And thanks also for the link to the post - that helped with figuring out the SO thing! This was the first SO I'd seen that was of any value to me, but the explanation really helped. I had sort of figured that they might be tailored to me based on what I bought on Amazon, but this makes them sound more standard. Anyway, thanks again!
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote