View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 11:41 AM   #14
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
The problem is less the PDF format as that I absolutely refuse to read for pleasure on my computer, which is what would be required. I spend all day working as book editor reading books on my computer and by the time I'm ready for my pleasure reading, the very last thing I want to do is sit at my desk and read yet another book on my computer. It's one of the reasons why I bought a Sony Reader rather than a Kindle. The Kindle seemed to be too much like reading on my computer; the Sony seemed to be more like reading a paperback. My hands-on experience with both (a neighbor bought a Kindle) demonstrated that for me the Kindle is too much like my computer.

So it is less the PDF format than the necessity of reading on my computer that makes me shy away from this type of offer.
I was not suggesting that this is a substitute for an eBook which was also available but not free. I was asking if a free PDF could be used to decide if you wanted to buy the real eBook that you wanted to read. Your original comment was you had to have a free eBook in the correct format to evaluate the author. I was trying to understand why this would be true unless you just wanted eBooks for free with no intention of buying.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote