View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 08:46 AM   #7
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mug2k View Post
Before
Aldous Huxley
Dan Brown
Greg Bear
Isaac Asimov
Kurt Vonnegut
Max Brooks

Now
Isaac Asimov
Greg Bear
Max Brooks
Dan Brown
Aldous Huxley
Kurt Vonnegut

Is there a simple to change it back to how I had it before ?.

Thanks,
what chaley suggests is great. I have learned a new trick.

There is another way if you like the (author_sort) field as it is (Asimov, Isaac), and still want to see the Authors sorted by Firstname Lastname, or if you want switch sorting between Lastname, Firstname and also sometimes Firstname Lastname

Make a custom column My_Author_Sort and make it type "column made from other columns" and to template put {authors}.
Now you can have your cake and eat it too, and you can sort once according to the "new way" Lastname, Firstname and ALSO according to My_Author_Sort - by aplhabet, just like you expect it to.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote