View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #890
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah View Post
In regards to EPUB3, it is not a "binary" thing, meaning we continue to work on improving the current app with the current renderer, but we need to be making headway on EPUB3 too. It is a big, big effort and will take many months. If we waited until we finished our current punch list, we'd be late to the game as publishers start shipping tons of EPUB3 content, and our users would be stuck without a way to read those in Bluefire Reader - and independent retailers and libraries would not be able to offer that content to mobile users AT ALL. Adobe is not adding full EPUB3 support to their ebook platform, and it is up to us to do it. We are.

I appreciate your feedback, and fair criticism. We continue to work our ass off.
Bold is my highlight.

I think that's a bunch of nonsense. Until ADE supports ePub 3 and it's out there and out there in force and that includes eInk Readers, publishers are not going to be shipping tons of ePub 3 content. That's just not happening now and it's not happening soon. ePub 3 is basically stalled because of the silly specifications in regards to scripting and multimedia. So don't tell us ePub 3 is high priority because otherwise we won't be able to read ePub 3 eBooks. There aren't any for sale. We aren't missing a single ePub 3 eBook. I think we are a bit more intelligent then to think that if Bluefire doesn't have ePub 3, we'll miss out on a lot of eBooks.

ePub 3 just isn't happening and it won't for a good while.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote