View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 05:34 AM   #37
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
That was interesting, Beppe. I'll throw a thought in there; in Margarita I see a masculine, extraverted activity - she is a "doer" that complements the Master's introvert, feminine passiveness.
Without Margarita no action and no change. In that she is on the same side as Woland. They both have a role as agents of change.
That's a very interesting idea! I never really noted the gender reversal motif {though Margarita was far and away my favourite character}. It adds something special to the text which certainly deserves further thought.

Last edited by fantasyfan; 06-21-2011 at 07:46 AM.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote