View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 10:19 PM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
But I want to more directly load the books from my pc onto the sd card.
Take the USB card reader in one hand and the SD card in the other. Insert the SD card into the slot in the card reader. Now plug the card reader into a USB slot on your PC. (I'm assuming this is a Windows PC.) Over in the lower right corner of your screen, you'll see some messages pop up indicating that the PC has seen a new device ... that it's loading the drivers ... and eventually that your new device is ready to use. (See the first attached file, "MyComputer-image.gif")

Now open "My Computer", which should display a list of the drives on your computer. If the SD card has been in the Sony reader, it will have this directory structure:
Code:
(/)
|____Sony Reader
          |______database
If the SD card has not been in the Sony reader, it may not have those directories, but it doesn't matter. The Sony will process any book, regardless of which directory it is in.

Now just copy any compatible eBook file onto the SD card. In my second attached file ("SonySDCard.gif"), you'll see that I copied a PDF file into the root directory. And in the third attached file ("SonySDCard-2.gif") you'll see that I uploaded an ePub file into the drive:\Sony Reader\database directory.

The fourth and fifth attached files ("SonyScan-1.jpg" and "SonyScan-2.jpg") show these two books on the Sony reader. Note the little icon next to the title indicating that the book is on the SD card.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MyComputer-image.gif
Views:	357
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	32209   Click image for larger version

Name:	SonySDCard.gif
Views:	366
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	32212   Click image for larger version

Name:	SonySDCard-2.gif
Views:	395