View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 12:34 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Oh my dear, I'm so sorry!

I'm hearing more of this every day. Yesterday, 2 of my 3 brothers-in-law were laid off indefinitely. One worked in a pipe plant in Bham and the other was a bricklayer in the Chicago area. A nephew who sells high-end condos on and around Lakeshore Dr in Chicago is not moving any properties lately. His wife left him.

On Monday, Tim's division transferred him because they were in danger of being forced to lay off the staff. And he works at the same university where I work, with supposedly iron-clad air-tight job security. However, he likes the new job much better, so that worked out OK.

And the RV we bought 2 wks ago was from a couple who had lost their jobs and were in need of quick cash.

It's getting scary out there, people. I reminded my sister yesterday of what the financial experts are telling people. Keep a roof over your head. Let the credit card bills go in order to make the house payments, sell whatever you aren't using, skip utility bills, just do whatever it takes to make the mortgage payment. It won't matter if your credit rating drops from unpaid bills if the house is foreclosed on, because if that happens, a credit rating will be the least of your problems.

I hope you get what you deserve, and I hope you walk into a new and better job very soon!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote