View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 09:02 PM   #436
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
After corrupting the database twice in the last week (my fault) without a recent backup the first time, I think I will add this. My thoughts are:

- Backup the database the first time the device is connected each day
- Timestamp in the form of YYYYMMDDHHSS will be added to the file name.
- The configuration will be to turn it on, where to store the backup, and how many to keep.
- Keep a minimum of two copies, but allow "manual management".
- The backup will run after the device connection jobs, but before the reading status store and the ... jobs.

How does that sound to everyone?

Sounds like sheer utter perfection. You really should go the PayPal route. I'd send you some money and I hate Paypal so much my last contribution to Kovid was through a third party I'd shipped something from Canada for.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote