Thread: Regex examples
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 08:25 AM   #76
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Successive Find and Replace

I wish to clean an html text which suffers from recurrent mistakes from an OCR engine (Cuneiform).

When I meet one the mistakes, I make a replacement and I note it. After some pages, I met most of the mistakes and now I intend to build a regex, adding as many as 15 successive simple search and replace like the following two.
A@ → à
B@ → ç
I do not know how to perform these 15 F&R within a simple regex.Suppose I would like to build it for the two above, what should I write?

Nota: I already use utf8 for the whole text.
I'm not sure what you're asking for is feasible. What you've described is something that would be more suited to an external program/algorithm (or a plugin) rather than one single Regular Expression. Finding all 15 with one expression wouldn't be the hard part... replacement based on "if/then" logic is where it would fall apart.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote