View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #4
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Skydog, I don't have a Fire, so I can't test anything for you, but I found this information regarding Hotmail and Kindle Fire here:

Quote:
I've spent hours trying to get my Kindle Fire working with accounts I have on Gmail and Hotmail. I've discovered two very important things that I thought might help the next person from wasting hours and hours.

1) I initially was setting up my Fire email app using the wi-fi at my office where the company provides free wi-fi. Apparently, they had some settings not quite compatible with setting up the Fire because as soon as I tried the setup on my wi-fi at home - that fixed most all issues I was having. So ... one suggestion is: if you're setting up your email through wi-fi and are having problems, try a different wi-fi location.

2) I discovered that the "standard server settings" shown by most help pages, including Amazon's (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...1992367&sr=1-1) show the wrong security type for Gmail's outbound server. Amazon recommends SSL(always). However, that never worked for me. Finally, I happened on a website that showed the outbound security should be set to TLS(always) and that fixed my problem instantly.

3) My working settings for Hotmail's Inbound Server:
Username = your FULL Hotmail email address, which includes the "@hotmail.com"
Password: XXXXXX (enter your personal password)
POP3 server: pop3.live.om
Security Type: SSL (always)
Authentication Type: PLAIN
Port: 995

4) My working settings for Hotmail's Outbound Server:
SMTP Server: smtp.live.com
Security type: TLS(always)
Port: 587
Require sign-in checked.
Authentication type: AUTOMATIC
Username = your FULL Hotmail email address, which includes the "@hotmail.com"
Password: XXXXXX (enter your personal password)

Last edited by DreamWriter; 01-23-2014 at 09:16 PM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote