View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #140
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbabygirl View Post
Agentbolt and any others who are having trouble getting their pe to flash to the upgrade screen. The first time I attempted it, I discovered it was not enough to simply rename the. zip files on my PC. I had to re-rename them on the USB drive while it was mounted to the pe, because I discovered that the. zip files were both named gapps.zip.zip and update.zip.zip before I did this.

So if you are able to get back to the point where you are ready to do any update again, hopefully this will help you.

-Laura
LOL that is because (assuming you are using windows) your file explorer setting is set to not show the file extentions that is why your file gets the zip.zip ending. Set it such that you can see the extension or just do not add the .zip when renaming the file. You can tell if it has the zip extension already because the icon will be a zipped folder.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote