View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 04:47 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by spear View Post
I know how to change categories via the librarian for my EBW1150. However books purchased directly from Fictionwise don't have that option (that I have figured out anyway) and I can't change the category at my fictionwise bookshelf before the download....so....unless there is something I am missing I figure that the only way to change the categories for the books already on the device is to take take the smartcard out, plug it into a card reader, and somehow get those files to the librarian to change info and resave.

However when I read these files from the card each book is a folder with multiple files of unrecognizable denomination (not .txt etc). I really don't know what to do at this point. I am only a minor techno, heck I don't even know if what I am attempting is possible (logically it should be). Can anyone help me here?

Denise
It is possible to convert the entire RES folder back into an IMP file and then you can use the Librarian to change the category. The REB1200 group on Yahoo has a download that can be used to convert the file.

Fictionwise books are delivered via IMP. Ebookwise file are delivered directly. You might check the Fictionwise site for books you have purchased on the Ebookwise site to see if they can be downloaded from Fictionwise. I generally purchase on Fictionwise to bein with and then they can be imported to the online bookshelf on Ebookwise if you want direct load.

The only other way would be to edit the binary file in the RES folder that contains the category.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote