View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #139
eddyj
eddyj began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505, Kindle 2, 3, Touch
I just got my Kindle yesterday (after years with a Sony), and was bemoaning the lack of collections from Calibre, which I loved on the Sony. No sooner had I complained (elsewhere) that I was pointed (thanks trlowley) to this plug-n. This thing is AWESOME! Thank you very much!

So I created collections with Series and Tags, and all was great. But, when I try to do them based on author or author_sort, I get this error:

calibre, version 0.7.44
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>error</b>:unexpected end of regular expression

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Documents and Settings\eddyj\Application Data\calibre\plugins\Create Kindle Collections.zip\create_kindle_collections_code.py" , line 1470, in preview_activated
File "C:\Documents and Settings\eddyj\Application Data\calibre\plugins\Create Kindle Collections.zip\create_kindle_collections_code.py" , line 1211, in create_kindle_collections_gui_preview
File "C:\Documents and Settings\eddyj\Application Data\calibre\plugins\Create Kindle Collections.zip\create_kindle_collections_code.py" , line 668, in create_kindle_collections_main
File "C:\Documents and Settings\eddyj\Application Data\calibre\plugins\Create Kindle Collections.zip\create_kindle_collections_code.py" , line 429, in keep_existing_collections
File "C:\Documents and Settings\eddyj\Application Data\calibre\plugins\Create Kindle Collections.zip\create_kindle_collections_code.py" , line 277, in check_pattern
File "re.py", line 137, in match
File "re.py", line 245, in _compile
error: unexpected end of regular expression

I suspect maybe I have something weird in one of my author names, but before I start going crazy reviewing hundreds of books, I figured I's ask first if this is something easy to diagnose.