View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 08:50 AM   #19
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Perhaps it would be worth your while putting one or two of your books through smashwords with a very low RRP, which also include text pointing to your web site.
The problem is that no one sees them. My books are in there with however many thousands of others, with absolutely no way to distinguish them, advertise them, or push them to the top of the lists, other than sales... and no way to generate sales if no one sees them... see the problem? They're needles lost in a barn-sized haystack, and the more material ends up in there, the less likely anyone will find them. The sales I've gotten, compared to the sales I get on my own site, back that up.

As worthwhile as this service is to some (as I suggested, those who do not have a sales website of their own, or maybe those with only 1 or 2 books), it simply doesn't do any good for me: These other sites don't publicize my books, they don't generate sales, and they don't drive new customers to me. MobileRead and TeleRead do a better job of that than all of the "throw your books in our haystack" sites combined.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote