View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #13
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen
There has been some work in speed in the memory areas but not as successful as the processor speed so you can not look forward to a Kindle that gets your books on the screen faster but one that can process things faster.
I remember when I was first learning to read; how I used to practice (for hours on end) finding a book on the shelf, grabbing it and getting it open to a bookmarked page in the shortest amount of time possible. I got rather good at it. In fact, I won several regional "Book Draw" speed competitions (teen class). But even as fast as I was then, the slowest ereader today can now beat my fastest "manual-draw" times.

Alas, the day of the book-slinger is long gone.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote