View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #12
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Out of 50 or so of the personal documents that should have thumbnails, a couple of mine actually do. Curiously, I'm unable to remove these two items via the UI (it offers to Remove but does not do so when asked). I think I initially had sideloaded them and later put them in the cloud.

Thumbnail images are stored in /system/thumbnails. It seems they stick around even after a book is removed from the device (so many Cloud items have cover images). Most of the filenames seem to include ASIN as part of the name and can be matched up to the corresponding document (if it is on the device). But in the case of the two personal documents, the name is 'generic', e.g. "thumbnail_5598.jpg". So the mapping from one to the other must be something stored in a database somewhere.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote