View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #32
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
I'm hearing some anti-bestseller snobbery in this thread.

Seriously, you guys never read David Baldacci, John Grisham, Ken Follett, John Sandford, Michael Crichton, Tom Clancy, Vince Flynn, George R. R. Martin, Jonathan Kellerman, Patricia Cornwell, or James Patterson? Because those folks and more are on the current NYT paperback bestseller list (http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-...back/list.html ).
Penforhire, before I read your post, I had already planned to say that...I look at the lists from time to time, but it seems to me that a great many authors on the lists were on the same lists ten years ago.

One of these days I may read an early James Patterson like Along Came a Spider, but I'm not very attracted to the usual Doubleday Book Club inventory. (However, I find that Book Club to be very helpful when buying Christmas presents!)
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote