View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #27
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Well what Amazon returns for proofreading purposes from their direct conversion service is not what they provide to customers. For customers they look at the capabilities of the device itself and provide a custom version for that device. How is it that Amazon calls it mobi? Is it the extension they provide on the file or an email attachment they send to you? As provided to a customer they provide a azw type extension but KindleGen does use mobi as the extension for the file which is an intermediate file that contains 3 files inside. The KF7, the KF8, and the source. It is huge but the mobi designation only refers to the container and is left over from version 1 of KindleGen.

Dale
Hi Dale;

It seems to me we are having a "Byzantine discussion". What is .mobi? Kindlegen generates an hybrid that Amazon calls it mobi; Kindle Direct Publishing also generates another hybrid called mobi. JSWolf says that this section of the forum is only to matters with regards to .mobi (the old mobi format). So, is someone wants to make a question about .kf8/azw3, where must s/he post? If is in this section, then the discussion about if mobi is only the old format is meaningless. A member of this forum asked about the best method to convert a mobi into epub. Since we don't know what kind of mobi is his mobi, to try KindleUnpack to see if that software produces or not an epub is a valid method. I said that since my first post and you have agreed with me:

Quote:
How were these produced? Kindleunpack can take them apart and provide the type of the file if there is no DRM on the file.
I think there is a better way to spend our time that discussing about what is strictly a mobi file. There are more inside a triangle than in its vertices.

The best for you
Rubén
RbnJrg is online now   Reply With Quote