View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #16094
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
<snip> I am now reading Bones of Angels by Christopher Forrest. It is keeping my attention so far, although the story jumps between the action happening with the various characters as the story progresses. This was a freebie I picked up from Amazon and although it states: "** Fans of James Rollins and Clive Cussler will love BONES OF ANGELS **" I would say it is a type of thriller along the lines of a Dan Brown book like the The Da Vinci Code. Maybe the addition of the special force teams put it closer to a Rollins/Cussler book?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
That makes it awkward for me. I'm definitely a big fan of Clive Cussler (well, back when it was him writing them), but the only James Rollins book I've read didn't do much for me.
Well, I finished Bones of Angels by Christopher Forrest and though it was interesting, it's not like an earlier Cussler. I think all the scene changes with the different actions going on by the various groups of characters would do better as a script for a movie - a techno-thriller due to the special teams having enhanced abilities due to nano technology. I'm still thinking about it, so there must have been something that I liked about it; I just don't know how to describe it. Would I have paid for it? No, but if it was a book for a dollar at the discount store, I would have thought it was a fun little read to pass the time.

I haven't settled on what to read next. Maybe, I will try his other free book that I picked up - Savage Bay or go back and try to restart Bloodlines by James Rollins.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote