View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 06:22 AM   #53
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
The SIP reference guide is not exactly the best documentation I've seen so far: http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/...ip4/using.html

It's more like an extremely short example to get an impression of what SIP looks like. But sip won't work with a snippet like this:
Code:
enum WaitMode {
        WAIT_NONE           = 0,
        WAIT_BEFORE_UPDATE  = 0x01,
        WAIT_COMMAND_FINISH = 0x02, 
        WAIT_NORMAL         = WAIT_BEFORE_UPDATE,
        WAIT_ALL            = WAIT_BEFORE_UPDATE | WAIT_COMMAND_FINISH
    };
The only error message is "syntax error" with a line number referring to the "WAIT_ALL" line in the above excerpt. You'll never know what's wrong - neither from the sip documentation nor from the error output. That's really confusing...

Would be really handy to know somebody who is familiar with SIP... (At the moment, I'm looking for help in the PyQt mailing list.)

EDIT: Is somebody here, who understands what is written in this part of the documentation? http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/...tax-definition To me, it looks simply like garbage. I don't understand anything...

I'm going to open a new thread for this to attract interested developers. If nobody is interested in working on this, I will have to give up on this project, because I'm totally unable to understand how SIP works from the official documentation.

Last edited by tuxor; 04-30-2012 at 07:29 AM.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote