View Single Post
Old 03-05-2024, 02:38 PM   #6
Lys
Zealot
Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Too many) Kobo(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grins View Post
Therefore my questions: How do you copy EPUB documents from calibre to the Kobo reader via file transfer? Which of the 3 “device interface plugins” do you use? How many books do you copy onto the reading device at a single time? If you divide 500 documents into smaller quantities, how large are these quantities? Do you switch off the device completely once the file transfer and database update has been successful so that the database can completely rebuild itself?
I have almost 3K books on my Libra H2O. Just the other day I transferred around 150 new fics in one go. No issue now, no issue since I started using Kobo. I'm on latest firmware (and on Calibre 7.5.1). I'm using KoboTouchExtended Driver.

That said, your issue seems more connected to database corruption than anything related to the device itself. I haven't had a DB corruption since forever now, but a couple of reasons you may corrupt the DB are:
1) Connecting to Calibre while you have an ebook open on the device (I always make sure to be on the home page before connecting)
2) Reconnect to Calibre before your Kobo has properly digested the new ebooks in its database.
Lys is offline   Reply With Quote