View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Check your 3G connectivity on your Kindle Paperwhite

Sharing, in case someone else had the same problem. Maybe some people have not even noticed it yet ...

Today I spent a lot of time out of home and brought my Kindle PW with me. In some areas, I found no wifi so was forced to use 3G in order to download a book from cloud. To my surprise, I had no 3G signal. Tried an hour later, different area (or mall, I was actually helping my wife to buy a dress, so boring, lol) no luck. Went to a different area, no signal. Really sad and bored, had no other option that gave up and wait to test at home.

Once at home, I reset the device and tried to register via 3G. To my surprise, even at home, no 3G connection. Long story short, my Kindle PW was never activated at Amazon. A call to Amazon CS uncovered the problem after 10 min on the phone. They activated it via phone.

So, if you own a 3G, check if it actually works. You may not notice it if you register via wifi and haven't tried 3G.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote