View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #9
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
As for the Sony readers, they are being tested by CR, according to the article.

I like CR for guidance on products that I otherwise would be buying largely by crapshoot. For example, I bought KitchenAid appliances when we remodeled our kitchen because our investigation gave them high marks. What crap they turned out to be. And as a company, KitchenAid couldn't care less about how poorly our appliances worked. Their response was always that they would give us a trade-in allowance on another KitchenAid product.

OTOH, as we replaced the appliances and went with CR recommendations, we've been happy. Not that the appliances are perfect but they do work and do work well.

I think one needs to take CR's recommendations in stride and balance them against our own experiences and that of others we know. CR's reports are just more information for the mix.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote