View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
exiga
exiga began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo Account Problems Remain Unresolved

Just want to share my negative experiences with Kobo customer support. To date, I have contacted them 3 times both via Live Chat and several Emails.

The issue is as follows....
==========================
On 24th Dec, I was given an e-Gift card of US$100. I had some problems
claiming it and contacted Kobo support. On 28th Dec, Kobo support managed
to resolve it and I had US$100 store credit in the system. That was handled fine....

Then, on 30th Dec, I made a purchase of US$1.19 for a short story book, which was successfully purchased and deducted from my store credit. Hence, I had US$98.81 left.

But since then, I have tried altogether to purchase a few items, yet all were unsuccessful, and somehow my store credit got debited repeatedly. This also included my last attempt, which was actually done in the presence of a Live Chat operator to show Kobo the bug / issue I was facing. In the end, my store credit had US$79.65 left, but I had no successful purchase. This is easily verifiable via my purchase history....

I have asked several times and gone through Livechat with Kobo Customer Care support who promised me resolution. However, it has been about 2 weeks now, and even though I keep raising the incident via Livechat (nearly every 2-3 days) and emailing Kobo support, all they could say is that it was being raised to Tier 2 for resolution and nothing more...

I am rather disappointed and would just like to see if fellow users with store credit have also encountered the problem. Any would anyone have advice on what else can be done to escalate this?

Thanks much for any advice rendered.
exiga is offline   Reply With Quote