View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 08:54 AM   #1
waqqas31
waqqas31 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Wi-Fi (v3?)
Using a Kindle in Pakistan (Unsupported). Will this method work?

Hi Everyone,

I have never owned/touched/seen a Kindle, but I want to get one for a friend in Pakistan.

After reading around the boards a bit, I gather that this approach may work, convoluted as it may seem. Please let me know if I'm missing anything.

Facts/Assumptions/Expectations:

1. I already have .CA and .COM Amazon accounts, but only have Canadian credit cards.
2. I purchase the Wi-fi only Kindle and have it shipped to me in Canada.
3. On arrival, it is already registered to me.
4. I can log into the Amazon.COM Kindle Store and purchase books, avoiding the $2 surcharge, and should change my country setting to "United States" should this not work as expected.

Now, for the questions:

Q1: I only want to download my purchases and transfer them via USB. Can I purchase and download purchased content regardless of where I am (e.g. Pakistan) or how long after the purchase date I try?
Q2: Is my "purchase history" and "download history" maintained and can I re-download from that list as many times as I want?
Q3: Do the free books/titles on the Kindle US Store require a credit card to be on file?
Q4: Does the gift card "trick" still work and are there any scenarios that would require it that have not already been covered by the above?

I appreciate the help!

Waqqas
waqqas31 is offline   Reply With Quote