View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Kindle Wi-Fi and OS X Internet Sharing?

Has anyone gotten Kindle to connect over wifi with a Mac set up with 'Internet Sharing'? I've tried setting it up, and my iPod Touch can get on the internet this way, but Kindle gives this error:

Quote:
Unable to Connect to Wi-Fi Network

Local network connection failed.
Your Kindle is unable to connect to the Wi-Fi
network "TomNet". Would you like to enter the
password again or manually set up this network?

cancel | set up network | enter password again
I've tried with encryption set to none, WEP-40, and WEP-128, without success. 'Channel' is set to 'Automatic'. (OS X 10.6.5)

It's also possible to set up a peer-to-peer Wi-Fi network with the Mac, but the Kindle error is different (and expected):
Quote:
Unsupported Wi-Fi network

Enterprise or peer-to-peer Wi-Fi
networks are not supported. Try
connecting to another network.

close
My interest is mostly theoretical, as I normally connect using my Wi-Fi router, but it would be useful when my laptop has an ethernet connection and there's no Wi-Fi for the Kindle.

On another forum, a user reported that it had been working for him but that now it does not. So I'm fishing for ideas.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote