View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
10" Android 2.1 Tablets Now Shipping

Well, at least at ebay if you do a search "10 android 2.1 tablet". These babies look a lot like the 7" MID devices that were selling for $140ish six weeks ago (they're as low as $49 now).

Not bad looking device and under $300 including US / Canada shipping. Yes, the devices are under-powered but it's the right operating system (2.1 Android, not 1.5) and fully touch enabled, etc, with a screen size that's big enough to make sense upgrading from a phone or netbook.

There appear to be two or three different models and a variety of vendors, some with pretty good track records.

I came pretty close to buying the 7" model (ended up springing for a Kobo instead -- different need but same budget) in May but both the OS revision and screen size held me back. I'd expect by the end of August the market will start looking very sweet -- perhaps with some real players out the door such as Asus.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote