View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #16
jtt
Connoisseur
jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: PB 622, PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I tried to run the program and got a segfault very early on. Here's what's in the pbterm.log file:

ERROR: posix_openpt() failed: Permission denied

I'm running the 902, with it's latest, but rather old, firmware.
The error message is from the place were the program tries to open the master side of the pseudoterminal and fails. Looks like you have firmware where the '/dev/ptmx' file still has the wrong permissions. And, using the nice trick for splitting the SWUPDATE.BIN files you taught me, I think I can confirm that: the permissions for the file are 644 instead of 666 as the should be. Perhaps I should put in an alternative code path for this case where a set of pipes is used instead.

Are you sure about the segfault? All the program should do when it can't open the PTY is call CloseApp() and die. Well, I'll go through all the destructors to check if there's anything that could be responsible..

Best regards, Jens
jtt is offline   Reply With Quote