View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #41
manou
Grand Seamstress
manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollofortynine View Post
They gave you a 25/35% discount on the kindle 3g with special offers (35$ off) and its only $20 to remove ads, not really something I would complain about after the product I own out of warranty broke (and it doesn't affect operation).

I also believe Amazon wouldn't require you to send back your old kindle, so basically your getting a new kindle 3g for 35% off, when yours was out of warranty, and you still have your old one. What to do next? Sell your kindle 3g NIB on Ebay, get about 115 for it, and deal with the tiny crack that you will never notice accept for once a month when you use the keyboard.

I could be wrong though, you might need to send it back.

Also, you went about this all wrong. Take this from someone with experience on trying to get deals from customer service reps, telling them you know something they don't and then threatening them (herr derr I'm from mobileread and will give you a bad review) NEVER works. The best thing to do is play it stupid, act upset, and chances are Amazon will go above and beyond what they are expected to do to make you happy. Once I shipped $60 of protein to the wrong address (in college, sent it home instead of to the dorm). Totally my fault, but I contacted the rep and asked if I could return it. She informed me that I couldn't return it because its a food product, but said she would refund me the $60 and asked me to double check the address next time

Amazon has the best support if you don't piss them off. The only reason you got any discount at all is because it seems to be their official policy now, I'm surprised he didn't quote the actual prices for the products.
Just for the record, I did not need to send my cracked (out of warranty) Kindle.
When I talked to Amazon they first offered me the basic no-touch Kindle for US$ 20.- less. I then asked (ever so nicely) if they could offer me a discount for exactly the same model I have because I really like the Kindle Keyboard. I told me that he'll check with his supervisor, he then offered me the US$ 50.- off for the replacement (Kindle Keyboard 3G, no ads).
I was very happy with this deal, especially given the fact that my Kindle was out of warranty.
manou is offline   Reply With Quote