View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #59
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
If people would not remember it we would not have this thread.
Which returns to the statement that the people on this board are not normal users. We are more aware of the history of e-readers and what has happened with them. We are not the normal user. So whenever someone claims that Amazon is evil and they froze their account or removed books and people get all upset.

And then there is the "Remember 1984" which was an incident that had nothing to do with TOS violations, it was a copyright matter that was poorly handled. And people complain about how evil Amazon is and what dmaage they could do.

And I sigh and point out that one giant screw does not make a pattern. It is a rare event. How many ebooks have been sold and how many books have been pulled from ereaeders? Yeah, that many. Wow remind me to be worried.

That the "victims" are never victims. I have yet to see a case where the "victim" hadn't ended up admitting to violating Amazons TOS or not really being locked out or having a broken Kindle or something along those lines. And, once gain, it is a rare event. How many of these do we hear about? How many people have Kindles and accounts that are never locked? Remind me to be worried.

Finally, every ereader with WiFi has the possibility of having books pulled from it by Amazon, BN, Kobo, Sony or whoever holds the books and pushes them to the device. And still with that there has been one event, with Orwell books, so, again, not worried.

I remove DRM from my books so I can move them to whatver device I want easily and to protect my investment if I decide to move from a Kindle to something else. I recommend the practice to those who are comfortable with it just to be on the safe side. I also keep bottled water and a stock of canned goods at my house just incase we lose power. And I keep a bag with warm clothes and some food and water in my car just incase I break down during the winter and need to wait for help. I don't expect the worst but I prepare myself just in case.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote