Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #23
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Hmmm... I'm currently a bit short on time, but if there is one thing that I can assure you with 99.9% of confidence: it wasn't this hack.

There is some odd behavior of the device which I need to take a closer look at (as I noted above: /mnt/us doesn't even (necessarily) seem to be mounted when the framework starts), but this entire thing is as failsafe as I could make it. I took all the precautions that I could to prevent this from crashing, let alone permanently bricking the device. If something goes wrong, this hack detects it and stops mucking around before anything serious happens. (*)

That said, anybody else willing to give it a try? (It may not become active on the first run for the abovementioned reason, but restarting the framework manually ["restart framework" or "killall cvm"]) will trigger it.

(*) That said, there is always that 0.1% chance which I'm not categorically excluding. If this hack really screws up things, I'll be delighted to get some logs / stack traces.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote