View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 09:07 AM   #3
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat View Post
Just out of curiosity

Are you working for Amazon?
During the last couple of weeks I have noticed you are starting new topics that suggest how good Kindle is

Interesting that your comments said nothing to address the topic of my post but instead take an ad hominem slant.

A similar comment was made here by another poster (unless that was you in another guise) http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20172616_2,00.html

I have no connection to Amazon. I am a retired physician, retired at a too young age (59) by cancer with suddenly a lot of free time to kill. There is something about the ugly white slab of plastic which inspires love--or maybe just strong like. Your Sony Reader will win beauty contest trophies and marry the quarterback, but my ugly little boy Kindle is going to gain mass acceptance, unlike the Sony.

If someone other than Amazon releases a better ebook reader I will be the first to drop the Kindle for a better reader.

There's not a lot of activity here in the Kindle forum at least compared to the Sony and Irex forums. I've been trying to put up stuff that Kindle owners might find of interest. If you want to shoot me down for that, then hey, go for it. You're the old guy here and I'm the newbie.

I guess I could ask you if you work for Sony since you have an affinity for your Reader but that would be silly of me.

Having given you my bio, will you now give me yours?
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote