View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 08:09 PM   #912
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Good Idea Peter to use compression...

Lucas Malor, you wanna mean that if we umount the partitions we will able to do this image ?
I'm not sure, explanation : I plug my kobo to my computer OS (here linux), it mounts partitions, I umount them and try to to a lsblk => I won't see a device called "mmcblk0" (that's normal because I don't see the card alone but a my kobo), so what I see is a device called sdc (for example).
I've try to do the back and restore on another card... only one partition (the biggest) is restore and my kobo don't want to boot => the 2 partitions of 256 Mo are not here !
An idea ???
No, Lucas is suggesting that you change the rc5 script on the device so that it does the image during startup and puts it in the recoveryfs partition. It won't work for a few reasons. One is that the image is being made of the drive that the recoveryfs partition is on. Another is that the total size of the image is larger than the partition. It might work to just image the rootfs partition, but I don't think that is enough to recover the device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1 View Post
Please gentlemen, don't overload this thread with OT issues. Although this discussion about backup is really interesting, this is not the appropriate location.
Thanks
I definitely agree. Maybe we need a moderator to move these posts.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote